1. Using 2/3 package of Paperclay, form a large ball
and place on large sheet of plastic wrap. Fold the wrap over onto the top side of clay and roll clay to an even
3/16" thick with rolling pin.
2. Unfold plastic wrap and smooth any
wrinkles on the clay surface.
2. Cut out a wavy circle shape, 1" larger than mirror diameter using table knife. Texture
the clay surface with stencil brush, then cut out a 4" circle from center with cutter or knife.
3. Add clay scraps to remaining clay in package and
roll to 3/16" thick sheet. Place mirror in center (face up) and poke two holes at top center (for hanging).
4. Center and secure wavy shape clay piece on top.
Cut back piece to match top shape with table knife. Re-texture any smooth areas and the edges again.
5. Roll scraps into a long 1/2" thick rope and cut
into 1/2" long pieces. Roll pieces into balls and secure 2-3 at a time onto moistened bottom 1/3 area of frame.
6. Form a spiral at one end of wire using pliers, bend the
straight handle upward and press into each ball/wave.
7. When completely dry, paint the waves by dipping your
large brush into green and blue paint each stroke. Paint the sand using both beige and white. When dry, "dry brush"
(wipe most paint off onto paper towel) white over colors to highlight the texture. Dab white paint onto area where the
waves and sand meet for ocean foam. When dry, apply gloss over waves only. Enjoy your hanging art!